Friday, May 6, 2011

Banana Bread

The is a great recipe when you have a few bananas that are browning and really don't want to eat them all in one sitting. I had 3 bananas that were browning, which is ideal because it adds a nice sweet taste to the bread.
What is needed:
1.5 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
0.5 cups olive oil (I use extra virgin) or if you prefer some people use 3 cups melted butter
1 tsp baking soda
3 bananas
Nuts or dried fruit if you would like
Soy milk
1 tbs vanilla extract
1 egg

I am not a huge fan of butter so I used olive oil and soy milk in its place. Place the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and preheat your over to 350F. The place your wet ingredients. For the soy milk I added until the viscosity was typical to a bread  (a little more liquid than pizza dough but not as liquid as pancake batter). After I was done mixing the batter I poured it into a spring form pan. Lastly, I placed dried fruit on top.
Then place the pan with the batter in your preheated oven for 1 hour at 350F. Once its done flip the release on the pan (after making sure its done), cut and serve.

Disqus Shortname

Comments system